WHY CATIA IS USED BY ALL ENGINEERS IN THE WORLD
CATIA is a leading solution for virtual 3D designing, which allows you to simulate the whole cycle of complex industrial product development, from the initial idea, through product design, to virtual assembling and verification of product reliability. CATIA has the unique ability to replicate quickly and efficiently the design of any kind of technical devices, to simulate them in a virtual environment and to prepare the technology for their production. All this is done with constant observance of all the functional characteristics of the designed product.
CATIA V6 - TECHNOLOGICAL REVOLUTION IN CAD DESIGN
The latest CATIA CATIA V6 platform builds on these capabilities. The CATIA V6 allows you to study the functional characteristics of the product under development in a complete simulation of the behavior of the product under real conditions. By using an interdisciplinary approach in which the mechanical structure of the article, the presence of electronics, its thermodynamic and strength characteristics are examined to cover all possible defects and to achieve the desired functional requirements. Last but not least, alternative options can be simulated with CATIA so as to achieve a minimum production cost.
Together with all its modules, CATIA represents a unified system environment for automated design, engineering analysis, make a drawings, specifications, assembly schemes as well as technological preparation for production by creating control programs for software-controlled machines. Companies that use CATIA create optimal working conditions for their engineers. This leads to rapid measurable economic results, faster and better completion of projects, while complying with the requirements for full traceability of projects according to ISO 9000 requirements.
Solutions for Mechanical Design
The CATIA V5 Series of Mechanical Design solutions allow for the acceleration of basic product development operations - from concept creation to drawing drawings. Mechanical Design supports the design of tooling (molds and molds) and sheet products using specialized applications that greatly increase productivity and cut down time to launch. The main features include:
1. Advanced 3D Product Design Package - includes a full set of functions for designing parts and assemblies and associative drawings. The designer has all the options for working with two-dimensional (2D) objects necessary for effective drawings.
2. Effective and intuitive design of sheet metal parts - a functional approach creating a creepy and intuitively comprehensible environment for design and parallel development of details in folded and expanded form.
3. Tools for cost-effective tooling - CATIA Mechanical Design modules include specialized tools for molding plastic injection molds (injection molds). Tools are also available to quickly create complex workpiece dividers and shapes and a standard manufacturer-ordered library. These applications greatly enhance design performance thanks to advanced tooling modeling features and creation of assembly drawings.
4. Modeling based on specifications, production applications, and controllable associative relationships - these features provide high design efficiencies and reliable change management. By means of associative links, the design changes can be reflected in the full description of the products and in the corresponding processes of their life cycle. This allows a substantial reduction in time and cost of product development.
Shape Design and Styling solutions-
The set of CATIA solutions for designing free forms and appearance of products are distinguished by their innovative technologies and convenient modules for creation and modification of free-form surfaces.
The main features of Mechanical Shape Design include:
1. Full integrated package for designing complex forms of articles - the user can create forms based on physical models or data obtained with Reverse Engineering. This solution covers all processes - from preliminary to detailed design. Mechanical Shape Design Mechanical Shaping Mechanisms - for example, corrugated panels - are used for sequential machining of surfaces.
2. Comprehensive coverage of requirements - from industry to industry-specific. The Shape Design and Styling platform provides a high level of performance and efficiency for all sectors of the industry. A wide range of technologies provide users with powerful process-oriented programming functions and modules to realize their ideas while taking into account their technological feasibility.
3. Surface design is accessible to everyone - easy-to-use surface and mold tools are designed for both non-surface users and experienced designers who need the full range of tools.
4. Flexible Modes for Modifying 3D Modeling - Changes in change management tools built into each of the solutions allow you to shorten the time for introducing modifications. The fully parametric core of CATIA, as well as associative links to other system modules, provide an efficient production management model.
5. Using CATIA Knowledgeware's powerful knowledge-based design capabilities, these solutions encompass the design process and include interactive shaping, modeling of the appearance, and built-in reuse tools. In this way the advantages of clearly defined rules defining the behavior of the product are realized. As a result, these solutions perform the function of a qualified counselor that helps the user consistently perform the assignment, while warning of policy violations and, for example, the emergence of technological conflicts. This automates the design process and reduces the risk of mistakes.
CATIA – Generative Shape Design 1 (GS1, GSD2)
Generative Shape Design provides the full range of functional options for creating free surfaces, as well as making inaccurate surface representations that are typical of design concepts to bring them to precise, technologically feasible models. Generative Shape Design is built as well as Part Design on a fully parametric concept of the model.
The module provides the opportunity to develop products with the highest requirements for the aesthetics of their external shape. The module has an easy integration of the visible design surfaces into the construction of the product. Designer surfaces can easily be replaced to evaluate different options.
Generative Shape Design has powerful mechanisms for assessing the quality of the created surfaces. Main applications:
- Construction of sheet metal body parts for cars, airplanes and households
- Construction of injection molded parts of plastic
- Functions for designing surface design within given tolerances without changing the designer's original idea
The architecture of CATIA V5 is configurable, so the solution is best suited to the specific technical requirements of your business. At the core of CATIA's architecture are predefined configurations including a set of modules corresponding to specific engineering tasks or processes. In order to adapt the specific installation of CATIA to the specific requirements of your activity, additional modules can be added to the basic configurations - co-used or additional. They can be delivered in three ways:
- as an integral part of the standard configuration
- in addition
- with a license permitting the sharing of modules between different configurations
- Programming machines and CNT with CATIA Machining - performance, efficiency, quality: Click here