Automotive is one of the traditional sectors where Dassault Systemes solutions are virtually an irreplaceable part of the development of almost all car companies around the world. With the help of CATIA, many of the world's vehicles have been developed in all disciplines of this complex technical product; design, body design, engine and suspension development, and last but not least, the increasingly important role of the integration of electrical systems and electronics.
ENOVIA and 3DEXPERIENCE are software tools for project organization and Product Lifecycle Management. They are an integral part of any new car development project. Without their use, it is virtually impossible to organize a huge amount of engineering documentation created in a very short time, tracking deadlines and schedules and financial control of projects.
Virtual production simulation
There are many methods and models for optimized production in automotive. The objectives of these models are;
- overall orientation of production to customer requirements
- reducing of scrap
- quality improvement
- increase of productivity.
Many of these models are based on theoretical mathematical models for which there are no practical software tools. With his experience of more than 30 years. in the automotive industry, Dassault Systemes provides practical tools for applying the best manufacturing optimization methodologies within easy-to-use and practical software systems. DELMIA is the system solution for production planning and creation of virtual simulations of individual production lines and entire automotive factories. DELMIA enables early planning of the required areas, robotic and assembly systems, additional production facilities, transport systems and, last but not least, ergonomic simulation of the work movements of the workers required for the assembly of specific components.
Integration of electronic systems
Modern cars contain a huge number of electronic systems related to safety, comfort, engine efficiency and navigation. Modern automotive trends such as autonomous vehicles and electric vehicles are a new field of work for engineers, which requires new approaches, systems and methodologies. The integration of these systems among them, as well as their adaptation to the mechanical structure of the car, is a huge challenge for car engineers today. Response to these challenges is provided by the 3DEXPERIENCE platform and by the Systems Engineering team. They allow a complete simulation of the operation of electronic systems and the interaction between them in a single system solution - 3DEXPERIENCE. 3DEXPERIENCE allows collaborative work of engineers from various technical disciplines - mechanical constructors, electric engineers, electronics and software engineers. 3DEXPERIENCE allows them to work in a unified work environment without having to use a variety of often incompatible software solutions that complicate the transfer of data in different formats.
Dassault Systemes solutions provide not only the development of cars and components. The advanced capabilities of the 3DS Automotive PLM product range make it possible, even before the physical prototypes, designers and prospective customers to assess the impact of new developments, at an early stage.
The main advantages of 3DS Automotive PLM in brief:
- Develop in the context of the overall system - from the functional requirements to the logical and real model in a closed, indistinguishable cycle
- Track the ideas for improvement and product requirements throughout its lifecycle, so there is no difference between what the market wants and what you produce
- Manage the overall product development process by using a single software platform. Use the best world practices embedded in 3DEXPERIENCE without having to transfer information between different software products
- Make the most of the virtual simulation capabilities to predict the features of the device
- Introduce quality control methodologies, such as APQP and PPAP, for critical components and processes to ensure the quality of the product being developed in the vehicle
- Simulate and compare alternatives to production lines to shorten start-up time
- Use a unified database of project-related information.