Design, simulate and optimize Polymer Electrolyte Membrane (PEM)of fuel cells systems.
The Hydrogen library is targeted at modeling and simulation of polymer electrolyte membrane (PEM) fuel cell stacks and fuel cell system. It can be used for any fuel cell that works with pure hydrogen and moist air. It is used for pre-design, control strategy evaluation, or loss analysis.
- Improve cell efficiency by predicting coolant temperature and mass flow rate requirements
- Reduce physical tests to estimate temperature dependencies of polarization curves
- Reduce membrane aging: Develop control laws, ensuring sufficient air or hydrogen flow at abrupt load changes
- Generic volume and pressure loss for easy addition of user specific components
- Different sensor models are available to provide output signals on fluid flow data
- Reformation of methane using fuel processing components is possible